Hello. My name is Charlie, Charlie Baker, a commercial aviation journalist.
Like most of our globe trotting world, I have always had a fascination with commercial aviation. I have always been attracted by the allure and romance of the national airlines and although low cost airlines have changed the landscape of commercial aviation, I believe that both the legacy airlines and the new low cost airlines have as much to learn from each other.
I am still enchanted by the beauty and emotion behind the personality of each flag carrier and despite some monumental changes in the way they do business, and perhaps unfortunately the way they now deliver customer service too, I still believe there are some strong characteristics amongst international aviation.
My most enduring memory growing up a child, is being taken transatlantic, from London to New York, by my father, on an overnight 747 Continental Airlines service. I was nine years old and as I was swallowed up by a huge creaking brown leather Business Class seat, I fell in love with commercial aviation. Unfortunately, Continental has now disappeared from our skies and is part of the United Airlines Corporation although United's new CEO, Jeff Smisek, is the former CEO of Continental and so hopefully the spirit of Continental will remain alive in one way or another.
And here my story begins again, now some 25 years later, as a commercial aviation journalist, charting the things I come across that I like....and do not like.
Over & Out.
+Boeing+747-200.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment